Wednesday 26 March 2014

Pick-me-up Pancakes

This morning I woke up feeling terrible and sick with a not so good headache, so after lolling around in bed I decided I needed a pick-me-up and what better of a thing to have than pancakes? I don't usually eat them so it was a bit of a treat but I really needed it, this recipe is one we've used over and over, I'm not using the recipe to copy down ingredients because I know it off by heart! It's also incredibly easy to make. 


Ingredients:
- Self raising flower 1 cup
- Sugar 2 tbs
- Milk 1 cup
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Eggs 2 
- Vanilla essence (few drops)
- Melted butter 3 tbs 

Method:
1. Put all ingredients except for butter into a bowl and mix, add melted butter and mix again until a smooth batter is formed
2. Cook the batter 

Topping Ideas:
I placed Nutella on top of each pancake and stacked them, then topped them with a few berries which was delicious, but here are some more ideas!
- Maple syrup 
- Lemon and sugar
- Maple syrup and whipped cream
- Berries and banana and maple syrup 
- Sliced fruit and maple syrup 




Enjoy!

- Soph x

No comments:

Post a Comment