Wednesday 12 February 2014

A Future Plan


What do you want to do when you’re older? What is your future plan? Where do you want to study? For years these questions have panicked me and stressed me out because I had no clue whatsoever of what I wanted to do.  I have been into fashion for years and years, it is something my life revolves around and it is one of my cures for whenever things go badly and then I started my blog around the end of last year and I had considered doing something with journalism or blogging, but I didn’t know what? I also don’t want to spend the entirety of my life in New Zealand? I want to live, even if it’s short term, in one of fashion capitals – preferably New York or London. The thought of having a small, simple apartment to myself or to share with another excites me so much, especially the fridge part, controlling what goes into my fridge. Being able to decorate things the way I like, white and simple, sitting on the couch at some late hour eating Chinese food and watching Rom Coms, painting the walls, dancing around listening to cheesy music, having long phone conversations lying upside-down on my bed, being able to talk freely, waking up every morning and walking to the same coffee shop and having my order remembered, the thought of it just makes me smile. Then I got it! I knew exactly, exactly, what I wanted to do. So here’s my plan, which probably sounds improbable, but it’s a dream: 

I want to study journalism at Auckland University and whilst I’m at University I want to get a job working at a clothing store and once I graduate I want to find and open space at a magazine in New York, even if it’s just as an assistant, I’m not sure entirely how the NZ-NYC works, my dad explained it to me but I have forgotten! I then want to get my little apartment and work at the Fashion Magazine in New York. I want to work my way up to writing, even books or a column in the magazine. I’m going for the Devil Wears Prada, Sex and the city, Carrie Diaries sort of thing. But that is my dream, and the idea of that is what I use to keep me motivated, to keep me going when I want to give up.

Don’t stress about your future. Don’t let people tell you what they want to you to do. It seriously came to me when I was in the middle of dinner and I was all of a sudden like “I KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE”. Do what you love, and love what you do.





  


All photos: source: tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment