Wednesday 22 January 2014

Carrot Cake

I love my carrot cake, it is one of my favorite cakes! I never bake them much because I've always found they use far too many ingredients which I dislike, but this one by http://www.petite-kitchen.com/ is so simple and easy and it looks great! This carrot cake is also gluten free, Carrot cake is a great cake to make for autumn, just a tip.


Ingredients:
2 cups ground almonds
1/2 cup grated carrot (I just used 1 carrot)
1/2 cup shredded coconut 
4 tbsp butter (or coconut oil)
4 tbsp honey
4 eggs
2 tsp cinnamon 
2 tsp ground cloves 
2 tsp nutmeg 
1 tsp baking soda
Any other nuts or dried fruit 

Method:
*preheat oven to 160 degrees* 
Place all ingredients into blender and mix until a smooth batter is formed
Pour into tin and bake for 20 minutes 

Icing (just my basic cream cheese) :
60 grams cream cheese (softened)
30 grams butter (softened)
3/4 cup icing sugar 
sprinkle of cinnamon 
Walnuts (to place on top)

Method:
Place all ingredients into a bowl and beat with a hand held mixer
Spread over cooled cake 
 Sprinkle over walnuts 



No comments:

Post a Comment